JCC COUNCIL OF PEOPLE'S COMMISSARS: The Cabinet of the Soviet Union (Council of People’s Commissars) was a government institution formed shortly after the October Revolution in 1917. It later became the highest government authority of executive power and the chairman of this council was the head of government. During the 1940’s, the council was chaired by Joseph Stalin who was also the then general secretary of the communist party of the Soviet Union. The Council was given the power to carry out full force of law when the congress of soviets was not in session. The council took over the responsibility of repelling the Nazi invasion of 1941 through close coordination with the NKVD.
JCC NKVD: Established in 1917, NKVD (The People’s Commissariat for Internal Affairs) was a conspicuous interior ministry of Soviet Union tasked with colloquial police work and law enforcement. The dawn of 1934, however, was a tipping point which marked the emergence of NKVD as a monopoly over public law enforcement and worse, domestic espionage. NKVD’s callous foray into secret policing made it a linchpin for carrying out political repression and worse, en masse extrajudicial killings and initiating one of the worst tide of times ‘The Great Purge’. After the German invasion of the Soviet Union, the NKVD and NKGB reunited on July 20, 1941, resulting in the CI sections being placed under the mandate of the NKVD once again.